For the first time ever, G.H. Mumm has partnered with COBO HOUSE’s Executive Head Chef – Devon Hou – to bring her #stayhome Champagne Brunch recipes straight to your doorstep. To challenge your culinary creativity, Devon has created a stylish brunch dish: Seared Scallop with Potato Gnocchi and Sage Brown Butter sauce. The seared scallops with brown butter pairs perfectly with Mumm Grand Cordon, the slight caramelization of the scallops will elevate its freshness & beautifully marry its aromatic complexity. This combo will be sure to offer you an unforgettable at home gastronomic experience.
Seared Scallops with Potato Gnocchi and Sage Brown Butter sauce:
Mumm Grand Cordon x 1
Scallops x 2 pcs
For Potato gnocchi base:
US potato 1pc (250g)
Small Whole egg 1pc
For Sage brown butter sauce:
Fresh Sage few pcs
Minced Garlic 2pcs
1) Potato gnocchi base
1. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes
2. Drain and leave it aside until cool enough to handle/ Remove the skins.
3. Mash the potatoes
4. Sprinkle over the flour / Scrunch and push the mixture
5. Knead the dough on a flour dusted surface/ Roll each into a sausage about 2cm thick
6. Slice into 3cm lengths / Use the back of a fork to add grooves / Roll into balls.
7. Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water for around 1min / They will float to the top when ready
1.Pan fry both sides of the scallops for no more than 30 seconds
2. Set aside for plating
3) Sage brown butter sauce
1. Add the butter to a large skillet/ Melt it over medium-low heat and stir until foamy (about 2-3 minutes) / Add the minced garlic and sage.
2. Continue to stir and cook over medium-low heat / Until the sediment in the skillet turns deep golden brown (about 3-5 minutes) / Remove from the heat when it becomes brown